DrinkBox Studios announced today that Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition will be released on the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Wii U on July 1st in the US and July 2nd in Europe, priced at $14.99 / £11.99 / €13.99. To celebrate this announcement, two exclusive Guacamelee! STCE Gamerpic packs are available for download starting TODAY on the Xbox 360!
New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:
- Expanded Story – An expanded version of the game that includes new content and all DLC from the original
- New Game Areas – Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss – Face off against the deadly Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in theVolcano, who helps the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities – Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode and dish out scrambled pain with powerful Chicken Bombs. Plus, swap dimensions independently in co-op play using the new Shadow Swap ability.
- New Enemies – Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
Set in and around a small village in Mexico, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead. Inspired by Mexican folklore, players take control of a down-on-his luck wrestler named Juan Aguacate, as he fights through hordes of undead enemies and skeleton henchmen to stop the evil Carlos Calaca from gaining ultimate power by sacrificing the beautiful "El Presidente's Daughter”.
The game also contains chickens.